Sunday, July 23, 2006
Observations, comments, ideas, fun facts, and pictures on everything transportation in Switzerland, Germany, Denmark, France, and the UK
About Me
.jpg)
- Name: lolo loves bikes
- Location: Sacramento, CA
Lauren Michele, Principal/Founder of Policy in Motion, completed her Master’s of Science degree in Transportation Technology and Policy from the University of California, Davis after working as a transportation planning professional in Sacramento at Fehr & Peers for several years, a climate change policy analyst in Washington D.C. at the Center for Clean Air Policy, and an air quality program assistant at the Sacramento Metropolitan Air Quality Management District. Ms. Michele’s background extends from in-classroom teaching of undergraduate courses in Transportation Policy to experiential learning while living and researching multi-modal transportation planning in Europe. During her time at UC Davis, Lauren Michele built strategic relationships at the state and federal level which aided her work as a transportation and climate change policy analyst at the UC Davis Institute of Transportation Studies’ Urban Land Use and Transportation Center (ULTRANS) – focusing on the links between California’s Senate Bill 375 and developing federal climate/energy legislation and the transportation reauthorization.
Previous Posts
.jpg)
1 Comments:
I have heard the same thing about the Danes since living here in Denmark. I obviously have my own opinions on this and that is that Northern Europeans (culturally) have always been somewhat humble people and even a little shy (at least post Viking era, I don't know what changed?!) compared to the energetic, passionate personality of the so many of the rest of our cultures. That being said, with so many different languages and such an international society these days I think the Northern Europeans just don't know what to say and in what language, so they just don't!
I must admit though, I have run into a few who are quite chatty and friendly! Not the norm, mind you, but obviously a different personality here!
Post a Comment
<< Home